Monday, August 6, 2012

Grandma Journal

My mom gave me this book called "Memories for a granddaughter" and It was basically a journal that I would write in every night answering questions about my life. While this is a great concept, the pages were very small and there wasn't a lot of room to write in. The questions were also very "old school" and didn't apply to modern life. For instance, one of the questions was "Tell how you celebrated May Day".. ummm.. WTF is May Day? I've never heard of that in my life. I decided to write down all of the questions that do apply and answer them here on my blog. This will give a permanent record that can't be lost in a fire or flood anyways. :)

First question.  (Feel free to respond in the comments about your own experiences and stories!)

Name everywhere you have lived

Puyallup, Washington

My father was stationed in Washington while he was in the Army and we lived in Puyallup, Washington (on Rainbow street... isn't that the coolest name!) until I was about 6 months old.




St. Louis, Missouri


We then moved to St. Louis, Missouri where I lived until I was 17 years old. This is where I attended elementary, middle school, and most of my high school. As of today, my father still lives in the same house that I grew up in.





Kansas City, Missouri

After my parent's divorce, I moved to Kansas City, Missouri. I went to high school for just a few months to finish out my junior year of high school. 




Wamego, Kansas

My mom posed the question to me, "where do you want to go to college?" I really wanted to be a veterinarian, so Kansas State University was the logical choice. We didn't care for the town of Manhattan, so we settled in the small town of Wamego, known for the working wind mill and now, the OZ museum. I went to high school the first semester of my senior year in Wamego. 


Wichita, KS

My mother began a new relationship and we soon moved to Wichita, Kansas where i finished out my senior year of high school. 




Lawrence, Kansas


Since I had my Kansas residency, I decided to attend the University of  Kansas in Lawrence. It was the "Oasis of Kansas" from what I'd been told and I fell in love with the town. 



Kansas City, Kansas


I briefly moved to Kansas City, Kansas for employment because it was easier than commuting 45 minutes to work from Lawrence every day.




Lawrence, Kansas

I soon realized that Lawrence was where my heart was - and the Jayhawks! I moved back to Lawrence and believe that I will retire and die in Lawrence. It truly is an oasis!

No comments:

Post a Comment